Tom Riall, CEO of mydentist, said: “There is a growing shortage of NHS dentists across the country which is making it harder than ever for patients to get access to NHS care, while high-end private dentistry is out of reach of most people. Access mydentist is helping patients get access to affordable dental care quickly, and at a time that is convenient for them. So far, more than 6,500 patients have benefited.”
- Access mydentist is an affordable private alternative to NHS dentistry for patients who are struggling to access NHS care.
- Mydentist supports more than 4 million NHS patients every year, more than any other provider, and is committed to ensuring patients have the greatest choice possible for accessing treatments that are right for them.
- Mydentist is currently accepting new NHS patients at nearly 350 practices nationwide.
- So far, more than 6,500 patients have received treatment through access mydentist, including 1,000 emergency appointments.
- An examination on access mydentist is £30, including any clinically necessary x-rays, compared to £21.60 on the NHS, and is completely free for children under 3 years of age.
- For a patient needing one filling and an examination, access mydentist would cost £79, just £20 more than receiving the same treatment on the NHS. For a patient needing a metal crown and an examination, access mydentist would cost £325, compared to £256.50 on the NHS, which is the price of a Band 3 treatment.