Good Practice Scheme
British Dental Association Good Practice Scheme, Recognising our commitment to quality
The BDA Good Practice Scheme is a quality assurance programme for UK dental practices.
As members of the Scheme, our practice demonstrates a visible commitment to providing quality Orthodontic care to nationally recognised best practice standards. We are kept up-to-date with current requirements in order to provide the best care for you – our patients.
By displaying the current year on the Good Practice Scheme plaque, our practice shows that Scheme membership is up-to-date.
While the Scheme and member practices can never guarantee satisfactory treatment outcomes or oral health gain, we can say that there is a greater likelihood of satisfactory treatment in a practice which observes the Scheme requirements. If structures and processes are right then outcomes are more likely to be right too.
As members of the Scheme, our practice will:
- Carefully look at the service that is provided and compared it against nationally recognised standards of good practice for patient care
- Be assessed by the British Dental Association
- Regularly carry out internal checks on working methods
- Make the Good Practice Scheme commitment
The Good Practice Scheme commitment
To be part of the Good Practice Scheme all the members of our team have made this commitment:
- We aim to provide orthodontic care of consistently good quality for all our patients
- We only provide care that meets your needs and wishes
- We aim to make your treatment as comfortable and convenient as possible
- We look after your general health and safety while receiving orthodontic care
- We follow current guidelines on infection control
- We check for mouth cancer and tell you what we find
- We take part in continuing professional development to keep our skills and knowledge up-to-date
- We train all staff in practice-wide work systems and review training plans once a year
- We welcome feedback and deal promptly with any complaints
Every member of the practice is aware of the need to work safely under General Dental Council guidelines.
You can find more information about the Good Practice Scheme on the British Dental Association website.