Where’ve we been recently …
We’ve been touring our kids’ club mobile unit around the UK for months now, on a mission to educate kids and parents about oral hygiene … and to make a trip to the dentist fun of course!
Sadly, almost a third of UK children develop tooth decay. But, the good news is it’s entirely preventable. Regular visits to the dentist along with a good diet and brushing technique help children avoid problems with their teeth and gums. Here at mydentist, we wanted to spread the word about good oral health – and so our Kids’ Club was born.
Kids’ Club visits schools, nurseries and other organisations up and down the UK, delivering expert advice to children and parents. From brushing techniques to tooth-friendly foods, we ensure pupils are fully aware of the best ways to care for their teeth – whilst having bags of fun along the way!
Just some of our awesome Kid’s Club activities include…
- Role-play with child-sized dentist uniforms. This gives children the opportunity to become a dentist for the day, whilst helping to remove any dental fears they may have.
- Plaque Search - Dental disclosure tablets are given to pupils to show areas their current brushing routine could be missing – and they just love watching their mouths go purple!
- The Good and Bad Foods Game - A chance for children to learn tooth friendly foods (and not-so-tooth-friendly foods).
During a kids’ club visit, children will get to explore our Smiles Mobile, unique to mydentist it’s our own child-friendly dental surgery which the kids love – it’s a great opportunity for them to see that the dentist’s surgery isn’t so scary after all. As well as a day of fun filled learning, they also get to go home with a bag of dental goodies. This includes a 27 page guide for parents (which you can access online here), packed full of everything they need to know about looking after their child’s teeth
So, let’s take a look at some of the children who’ve had a blast at our Kids’ Clubs recently …
- mydentist, Durham bridge house visited Gilesgate Primary School
- mydentist, Grange Road, Hartlepool visited Kingsley Primary School
- mydentist, Lanark Villas, Gillingham recently visited a local primary school
- mydentist, Peel Street, Barnsley host a number of regular kids club events at their busy practice