How we use your data
mydentist is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to meeting our obligations under the Data Protection Act of 1998. mydentist will comply with the law in the collection and processing of personal data.
Where we collect personally identifiable information such as email address, the app will not let you submit the details if you are under the age of 18.
The data we collect may include:
- Basic details about you such as email address, age and home town/city– this is an optional collection of data.
- Devices location (city)
- What device is being used
- What operating system is on the device
- Which version of the app you are running
- What sections of the app are being viewed/played and how many times
This data is collected by a third party mobile analytics company called Mixpanel Inc. You can view their Privacy Statement by clicking here (insert https://mixpanel.com/privacy/ into here) This data will be stored by Mixpanel in the US. Mixpanel complies with the US-EU Safe Harbor Framework.
How we use the information we collect:
We collect information from the app primarily to provide better services and functionality throughout the app. We also ask to collect information when you download the app so that we may contact you about relevant products and services to do with you or your child’s oral health. We collect further information about how you interact with the application.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If do not wish to supply us with this data, you can do so at the point of downloading the app when we ask for you to submit your details such as age, email address and home town.
We may use the information we collect to:
- Improve our app
- Understand and enhance your experience using the app
- Provide and deliver the products and services you requested
- Send you related information including but not limited to, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages
- From time to time we may use your contact information you provided to send you details of products and services offered in our practices that directly relate to your oral healthcare. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.